Well, everybody get out your red pencils and grab the biggest calendar in your house, because thanks to everyone’s favorite Mama over at “A Mama’s View” , I’ve decided to crawl out of my shell for the next three days and participate in something called “The Quote Challenge”. Now I know that this is basically an award-free Blog (I received a few rewards before going award-free), but this is not really an award, but rather, a challenge, and hey, who am I to turn down a good challenge. So thanking Mama once again, let’s get on with this.
The rules to this challenge are just about as simple as they can get, so for all concerned, here they are:
- Post one of your favorite quotes (different quote on each day) on three consecutive days. The quote can be from your favorite book, author, or your own
- Challenge three other Bloggers (each day) and notify them.
- Thank the Blogger who challenged you (because we should always thank those who bring challenges into our lives…I think).
Now it does say in the rules that I can use one of my own quotes, so I don’t think anyone will have a problem with me using what has always been my favorite quote of my Father’s. Whether or not he was actual author of it, I can’t say for sure, but being the amazing story-teller that he was, I’m going to give him the credit for it anyway. You see, my dad had a real problem with people who rushed through a job, ending up with haphazard results, who would then say, “I know, I was in a hurry, I’ll do it right later on.” My dad’s reply to those people was always the same, he would look them right in the eye, and ask,
“If you don’t have time to do it right, when you going to have the time to do it again?”
Anyway, I’ve always loved that line. And now, for my challenges:
- Akansha, at “Brooding In The Tepid Dusk“, a young lady who not only writes very well, but who truly considers that which she writes.
- This friend, known as, “The Winged Woman” is not just a good friend, but has a way of being there whenever she is needed, yet long before I call. And…
- Patty at “Petite Magique“, another lovely lady never at a loss for wonderful words of expression.
So trust me, if you are into some great reading, give these three sites a look, and me, well I’ll see you next time. Right now, I’ve got to let some people know that they’ve been challenged.